Since 1997, College Parents of America has aimed to promote greater
student success as measured by increased attainment of post-secondary
education, and particularly greater college completion.
past 20 years, our editors have most often been a combination of
industry experts, new college parents, and parents of young adults.
Each week we receive countless article suggestions and blog posts that
we are asked to evaluate and consider publishing.
Today we are making it easier than ever for you to share your
expertise. Please consider our editorial framework below and use
the button the right side of our home page to submit your original
Please consider the following editorial guidelines when submitting original content.
- Recognize the positive role that parents and families can play in promoting the value of post-secondary education.
- Recognize the importance of increasing access to post-secondary education and the value of completing a college education.
- Recognize the unique needs and anxieties of college families and speak it relevant and useful ways.
- Please provide practical tips, insights, and humor that can be helpful to families.
- Address topics of concern (Mental Health, Campus Safety, Title IX,
Sexual Assault, Drug / Alcohol use) while not directly criticizing
college or universities
- Discussion of topics related to free-speech on campus are encouraged
but please avoid political or divisive topics such as
“micro-aggressions” or partisan politics.
- Original posts – we aim to publish only original content so please
let us know if your post has appeared elsewhere. If you wish to reuse
your post at a later date, please include these words and link: “This
originally appeared on College Parents of America. http://collegeparents.org/”
- Recognize that by contributing your content, you are providing
permission for College Parents of America to publish your original work
on its website, newsletter and within its annual CPA Handbook for
We would like to recognize and highlight your expertise accurately so please provide:
- We prefer posts between 500 – 1,200 words.
- Title – suggest one for your post but we reserve the right to change it.
- Graphics – send one only if you own the rights to it or know that it
is marked as free to share. We reserve the right to sub out a different
- Parenting is social and we are on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and
Instagram as College Parents of America and we share each blog post we
publish. We want to know if you are on social media and, if so, where
can we find you? Please share your writing with College Parents of
America and tag us so we can engage with your readers, too!